2.12.2012

thanks.giving.

random-seeming post for the middle of february, but necessary nonetheless.
our worship leader at church tonight challenged us to spend a few minutes in prayer, thanking God for what he has done in and/or for us today, this week, or during this phase of life. i just took a look around me and sat down and cried. i was sitting between dear friends from small group - two whole rows of us together, missing only one couple from the group. the feeling of belonging was breathtaking. it's been so long since i've felt that. and i'm truly thankful for it. especially because of the journey He took me on to get to this place. this week, i'll share a bit about the struggle of my first year of marriage, but tonight i want to focus on the fact that He has shaped and guided me into this very moment. His sovereignty is overwhelming, and feeling His presence is encouraging and refreshing. today is beautiful, because my God is alive and active and working in me.
may your week allow you to reflect His light.

No comments:

Post a Comment